Friday, February 28, 2014

 


JESUS SAVES



after wasted days and and wasted nights i forced myself out the house 
and onto the 710 rapid bus . crenshaw blvd . northbound to hollywood
sometime after passing vernon avenue i fell asleep . when the bus
turned left at wilshire i  woke up . a woman was seated next to me
an open bible was on her lap . noticing I was awake she cheerfully said
“ good morning sir ! do you know jesus christ is our lord and savior ? “

I sighed . looked at her for a moment and said “ my father died recently
though there were tremendous difficulties he stayed with my mother until
the end . over fifty years . he was like atlas with the world on his back and
never shrugging . not even once . I did not appreciate him when he was here
and now it is too late “ . a tear rolled down my right cheek . I looked out the window
the bus turned at rossmore and stopped for passengers at melrose avenue

when the driver announced santa monica blvd the woman said “ this is my stop “
i turned towards her and smiled . she handed me a pamphlet and gently said
“ have a nice day “ then exited the bus . i glanced at the pamphlet . “ JESUS SAVES “
was printed in large letters on the cover . i was going to drop it onto the floor
but before doing so I opened it . on the right page written in red ink diagonally across
the story about jesus christ was her name . her number . and the words “ call me “                               
         

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?